Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sharing some moments with Osho


I am reminded............

It happened in Bombay that a Hindu saint who used to come there always had a big following. He was delivering his morning talk, and a very rich lady was sitting in front of him with her small child who suddenly said, "Mummy, I want to go to the bathroom".

Everybody laughed because the talk was about Vedanta the ultimate god, and suddenly that boy brings the bathroom in.

The mother tried to push him, "Sit down".

He said,"I cannot! I want to piss."

Everybody was laughing, and the saint felt embarresed. But the woman was very rich so he could not say anything to her. And he was a guest in the same woman's house, he had been there for many years. But after the meeting he called the woman separately and told her,"You should teach your child some etiquette. In a spiritual meeting he talked about bathroom and pissing, and that created such a disurbance that all my seriousness was lost and people must have forgotten all the great things that I was saying. That boy is a real devil. Either you should not bring him with you or you should teach him something."

The women said,"He insists on coming. And he is my only child and I cannot leave him crying and weeping at home. I will not be able to sit listening to you peacefully because I will remember that he will be weeping and crying."

Then the saint said,"I suggest a simple thing to you. You just tell him that if you want to go to the bathroom, you need not say that you want to piss, you can simply teach him to change the word "piss". Instead of saying 'pissing', say 'singing': "Mom, I want to sing". Nobody will know what is going on; it will be a code language. And this is not difficult. Make it clear: 'If you learn this, only then will I take you with me; otherwise no.'

The boy agreed. He said,"There is no problem for me. Whenever I feel, I will say that I want to sing. You have to understand, don't forget!"

After one year the saint came back. He was staying in the same lady's house and just in the evening the lady said,"I am in a trouble. One of my sisters is seriously sick and I have to go to see her. I may not be able to come back in the night. The child is alone. It will be a great kindness if you let him sleep with you in the bed because he has never slept alone."

The saint said,"There is no problem".

The women left.

In the middle of the night the child shook the saint and said,"I want to sing".

The saint said,"Are you mad? Is this the time for singing? In the middle of the night, disturbing all the neighbours....? Shut up and go to sleep."

The boy remained silent for a few minutes. He said,"It is difficult to shut up. You have to allow me to sing - it is coming."

The saint said,"What nonsense. The whole day I have been teaching people and in the night you won't let me sleep, and your mother has left you in my care. I tell you, go to sleep. If you want to sing, sing in the morning!".

He said,"I can't wait that long. You don't understand. I have to sing now."

So the saint said,"It seems you won't listen, so okay, sing but sing very quietly. Just come close to my ear; sing in a whisper.....nobody hears."

The boy said,"I warn you." He said, "Don't tell me later on. It seems that you don't know what singing means."

The saint said,"You think you know more than me? You just sing whatever you want to. Be finished and go to bed!".

Half asleep, the saint suddenly jumped when the boy started "singing" in his ear......... He said,"My God! This you call singing!"

He said,"It is your teaching.......You told my mother.......Otherwise I was always telling the truth. You made me a hypocrite, now suffer."

And the saint said,"This is someting. Could you not tell me what singing means?"

He said,"That was the whole point - to hide the things that means. I thought that you have given the suggestion so you must know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles