Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Always find a Living Master - Osho




Blogger's Remark
I found this article of Osho, a living truth of his selfless being. He wished everyone the best of their life, once he is no more. I will always stay indebted to this man, which I was unfortunate to see him alive. But I can feel his presence. Thank you, Osho, for coming in my life. Now, the words of Osho, Source : "The Sword and the Lotus" :-http://www.smileycodes.info

You can see light, but how can you explain it to a blind man ? There seems to be no way. Whatever you say about light, will not be light. Whatever you say about light, will not be meaningful to the blind man.


Hence always remember, truth cannot be said, it can be shown. It is a finger pointing to the moon. All words are just fingers pointing to the moon, but don't accept the fingers as the moon. The moment you start clinging to the fingers - thats where doctrines, cults, creeds, dogmas, are born - then you have missed the whole point. The fingers were not the point; the point was the moon.


That's why I say, don't get lost in words, don't get lost in doctrines. Rather find a living master whose very being is a finger pointing to the moon. In his presence maybe something transpires in you. Not in his words, but perhaps in his silence. Not in theories, but perhaps in his eyes. There you may find a certain inspiration, a glimpse, a door opening into the mysteries of life.


Books cannot do that; only a living master can. And this is the misery, that people go on carrying dead books, dead words. Perhaps those words were once alive when the master who had spoken them, was there.


When I speak to you, do you think it is only the words that reach to you ? No, my tone, my emphasis on certain words, my silence between two words, my gestures of the hands, my eyes - which I forget completely to blink ! My doctors are after me to continue to blink - but I forget! When I am really speaking to you, then it is not only my words, but my whole being that is involved in it. It is a total expression.... and one never knows what will reach to your heart.


You can write these words. They will be the same - but yet not the same, because the living reality behind them will be missing . My emphasis has always been - while I'm alive do not bother about what I say. Don't listen to what I say, listen to what I am! And when I am gone, just say a goodbye to me. Don't cling to the memories, don't cling to that which is no more. Find another living master - the earth is never empty.


Existence is very compassionate. I don't want you to cling to me. That is one of the faults all the old religions have commited, and I don't want you to do it. Now the pope is not enlightened. Now your eight shankaracharyas have nothing to do with the original shankaracharya; they are not enlightened people. You are unneccesarily wasting your time and their time.


Search and you will always find, because the earth is not barren, it always produces. Whoever is thirsty will always find the well somewhere.


Rather than getting lost into words, use your time in finding a charishmatic personality, a living mystery, a man who has become a legend while he is alive. And when he is gone, be grateful for those moments that you lived with him, but don't get stuck there. Find out, and now it will be easier for you to find out because you have tasted one mystic, you know the taste, you know the vibe. You will be easily pulled towards the direction where you will find another awakened being. Only bodies differ, the expereince of the awakening is the same. So I don't want anybody to remember me, even when I am gone. If you have really loved me, I would like you to find someone of the same quality, so that your love goes on growing, your being goes on maturing, so that one day you are also in a state where you can help thirsty people to quench their thirst.

1 comment:

  1. "...And once somebody has been so deeply connected with me, no other Master will do. They will look so flat, so dull, so dead!
    ...And once somebody has been so deeply connected with me, no other Master will do. They will look so flat, so dull, so dead!"
    Osho:
    Zen: Zest, Zip, Zap and Zing
    Chapter #15
    Chapter title: The Philousia
    10 January 1981 am in Buddha Hall

    ReplyDelete

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles