Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I have always made Guru Pournima, a special day in my life - My experiences


Personally, I have made this day, a very special one in my life.  Whatever addictive limitations i have discovered in my life, this is the day I will abandon it.  For eg. I love tea.  It has occupied the major portion of the things I drink.  But it is also taken a bad toll on my health.  Instead I could have choosed a better drink for myself.  But it is difficult to leave tea just like that.  Sadhguru, is everything, that I have experienced in my life.  So I will make a Choice on Guru Poornima Day, whether will I choose Tea or will I choose Sadhguru ?  So it has always been a easier choice for me to choose Sadhguru, against whatever things it may stand against him.  And I have never regretted the decisions taken on this day.  I have always discovered that nothing is missing in my life, whether it be Tea or anything.  I have this whole bliss of being in love with Sadhguru.  I have neither taken this idea from any book, neither I have emulated it from anyone.  It just came up from within myself.  So, I would caution people against emulating. 
                                                         To give an example, My brother is an alcoholic person.  He will go to some holy temple and will take some vow never to drink alcohol again under some Goddess or Deity.  Within a month or 2, he will start drinking again.  For him, the choice between Goddess and alcohol, was alcohol.  But it was easy for him to break the vow since there was not really any relationship between him and the Goddess.  The relationship just came up because of the traditional upbringing.  When any vow is not soaked with Love, it becomes difficult to sustain it.  I wished, he could have known something of the unconditional love.
                                    Like this, I have been quitting things one by one, to enhance my spiritual growth.  And what better way will it be to make an offering to the Guru I love.

                                    I have not made making vows into a serious business.  I have left a hole, which can be filled.  I have attached a string to the vow.  The condition is, if I am in process of volunteering, which means when I am not, and If i am offered a Tea by someone, will I take the tea. I have left the act at the will of existence.  But till day, the conditions that I attached, have not met.  I just hope, that I do not have a fight with my wife, on the Guru Pournima Day.  :---)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles