Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sadhguru on devotees who are torn been their work and their longing to Be with their Guru.



Sadhguru : Somebody - I forgot his name - who was very dear to Ramakrishna Paramahansa, went to him and said, 'Oh, Bhagawan, I just want to be with you all the time. But I have a wife; I have children; I have to earn money; I have to go to my office. I really don't know what to do. My heart is here, but I am putting my body elsewhere. My suffering is unbearable. What I should do?' Ramakrishna had his own way of expressing himself. He said, "Just the utterance of the name "Kali", if it bring tears to your eyes, you forget about your earnings, your job, your other responsibilities. You just forget about all of it. Do not worry. She will take care of it.'

Similarly, if just the mention of your Guru's name brings tears to your eyes, I would say the same. But I don't say those things to you because I am very embarrassed about who I am. If I go into detail, it would bee too fairytale-ish and incredible for you.

Every moment, whatever you step on, in many ways, you are only stepping on Me. It is just that when a little awareness of that enters you, you should burst. You should become ripe, and be ready to sprout. A seed is a certain comfort because it has integrity; it has a shell; it has protection. But if a seed is not broken, a new sprout will never happen. If you try to save the shield that protects the seed, no new life will ever happen; no new possibility will ever come. You just put the seed in the earth and you forget about it. After a few days you just see a plant and you are happy. But the seed goes through a tremendous struggle of losing itself - losing its safety and integrity and becoming vulnerable to every outside force that's around. But without that vulnerability, without the breaking, without the shedding of the shell, life won't sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles