Friday, March 28, 2014

" MAY ONE WHO GIVES BE HAPPY AND MAY ONE DOES NOT GIVE BE MORE HAPPY...!

You may have heard Mohammedan fakirs on the road saying, ”May one who gives be happy, may one who does not give be happy.”
The ordinary beggars also repeat this, but this statement is from
Sufis.

The ordinary beggar repeats it deceitfully. When he says, ”May one who gives be happy,” the sparkle in his eyes is remarkable, and when he says, ”May one who does not give be happy,” there
is no sparkle at all. You will come to know the difference by giving to him and watching, and by not giving to him and watching.

There was a Sufi fakir named Bayajid. He had made a little change in this statement. He used to say, ”May one who gives be happy and may one who does not give be even more happy.” Somebody
asked Bayajid, ”We had so far only heard ’May one who gives be happy and may one who does not give be happy,’ but what does this addition mean?”

Bayajid replied, ”When somebody gives I am pleased, but when somebody does not give I am even more pleased. My sense of gratitude becomes more intense. When somebody gives, it is alright, I
am pleased; but when somebody does not give, then also the inner pleasure still remains. I feel like bowing down to him. I feel that if he had given, I would have been deprived of this opportunity of
remaining happy when not receiving.

This is why I say, ’May one who does not give be even more happy.’ He is kind that he gave me one more opportunity to see my stream of happiness remaining uninterrupted when not receiving.”

Detachment means to remove one’s mind from all sorts of desires. As the mind is removed from desires, the energy that was being destroyed in running after these desires is saved and it becomes
a flame.

Finger Pointing to the Moon 121 Osho
CHAPTER 8. REALIZE THE FRUITS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles