Thursday, March 10, 2011

People who inspired me to break my limitations

                                                         Automen.  This is the last word that people would expect anything from them.  And here in this part of the world, they are infamous, for charging exuberant money from passengers, infamous for tampering with meters, rude behaviour etc.
                                                         Recently, when the isha yoga class was conducted, there was shortage of volunteers to organise the class.  At that crucial time, I came to know that there was a group of Automen who have done the Isha Yoga Classes and were eager to partake in the organising of the classes.  What was surprising is that, these automen, who come from low income group, forsaked their prime time of earning money (Saturday Night) and got involved in Banner pasting.  I could see the joy in their eyes that how much they loved Sadhguru.  Really, this man can inspire anybody.  Even today, one of the Auto Volunteers came and gave me 2000 rupees, which they have collected from people towards donation for Isha Yoga.  I have also seen these Automen volunteering in the management of the parking area. when Sadhguru attended chennai for Mahasathsang.  Now, this is the last place, where anyone would want to work.  One thing is that, this place is far from, where all the exciting things are happening. You just name it.  Whether it be to watch Sadhguru live or to witness the hussle & bussle of all festivity that is going on, in the ground.  Only a person, who has experienced of being in love with Sadhguru, can work in that area without any restlessness.   Its truly inspiring to see them working selflessly.
                                                          Again, in this new episode, during the Mahashivarathri Celebration, our group was given the job to look after the cleaning work, which means one should see that the toilets are clean or the grounds are clean where people are throwing foods at all corners of the place.  Many volunteers forsaked this cleaning job and turned a blind eye to it, not getting involved with it.  I myself was quite unwilling to do it but more than my unwillingness was my deep desire to be with this man, Shakthi, this volunteer, who single handedly took on the work to keep the whole place clean.  He was not worried about what people may think of himself, if they see him cleaning the toilet or cleaning the left over food.  His whole concern was that if they leave the place dirty, then the ground management will never give the place to Isha Foundation again. He inspired me to work along with him.  The most inspiring image which I will remember all my life was that, where on one side people were shying away from doing this job, this man, who had two buckets of waste bin in each hand, started  dancing crazily to the tune of Sound of Isha.  Just visualize the situation and imagine to what extent this man has experienced the egolessness.  It was such a joy to work with this volunteer for whole night and we enjoyed our time together.  Its really a blessing to find wonderful people in Isha.  I bow down to this wonderful people who have inspired me to break my limitations. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    Its amazing to see this blog.
    I have been waiting for a blog like this to share my experiences towards this path being part of ISHA.
    Thanks & hats off.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nalanda, please do share your experience. I would love this blog to be known as people's blog and not my blog. Do share your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure!
    Definitely it would support me as well other aspirants like me to climb on this spiritual ladder.
    Thanks
    Will get back soon

    ReplyDelete

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles