Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Consciousness is a vast sky, a space; you cannot hit it. - Osho

One great Indian mystic went to America. His name was Ramteerth. He always used to speak in the third person. He would never use'I'. It looked awkward because people who didn't know him couldn't follow what he was saying.
 
One day he went
back to the house where he was staying in America. He went in laughing, enjoying, his who]e body laughing a belly laugh. The whole body was shaking with laughter.

The family asked, 'What is the matter, what has happened? Why are you so happy? Why are you laughing?'

He said, 'It happened on the street. A few urchins started throwing stones at Ram' -- Ram was his name -- 'and I said to Ram, "Now see!" And Ram was very, very angry. He wanted to do something but I didn't cooperate, I stood aside.'

The family said, 'We cannot follow what you mean. You are Ram. About whom are you talking?'

Said Ramteerth, 'I am not Ram, I am the knower. This body is Ram and those urchins cannot throw stones at me. How can a stone be thrown at consciousness? Can you hit the sky with a stone? Can you touch the sky with a stone?'

Consciousness is a vast sky, a space; you cannot hit it.

OSHO

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles