Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sadhguru on Osho

Sadhguru : When a person is influenced by somebody and is in deep appreciation of someone he can see the same qualities in other people who he appreciates in a similar way. Many people come up to me and tell me I speak like Vivekananda, some say I speak like Krishnamurti, others think I speak like Rajneesh. I neither speak nor dress nor live like Rajneesh or anyone else. It’s the people’s love that makes them see things that way and that is fine. Its not that I have not spoken about Rajneesh-I have. It’s just that his approach was different than what we have taken so it is not necessary for me to speak about Rajneesh. I don’t speak of JK also because his approach is very different as well.

With all due respect to Rajneesh and all the phenomenal work he has done in his own way, some of the things they did was in reaction to the social situation in the world then. The society was at a certain stage at that time and he wanted to provoke people to change in a certain way. It is not my way because I don’t think it would produce the kind of result I want. You know my mission is to plant undercover yogis-there is a need to plant people who are at the peak of inner well being to work in society and change the society from within rather than provoking and creating a reaction.

4 comments:

  1. Osho is a rare mystic he was very aggresive towards society and its structure and he wanted to make the masses intiligent aware and concious

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is nowhere close to osho ..
    Tried best to ape osho ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, I read a lot of books by OSHO, and must say, that the man makes you think, a lot, to give you a multi-dimensional approach to life. The choice becomes yours and the lessons come from each person's real life experience and not borrowed. Surely, OSHO was one of the greatest thinkers, and every time anyone reads his books, it is like opening doors that one never thought were existing or were simply not aware of. I remember his words: "From my words you can get burned, but you will not be able to find any kind of theology, dogmatism. You can find a way to live but not a dogma to preach. You can find a rebellious quality to be imbibed, but you will not find a revolutionary theme to be organized. My words are not only on fire. I am putting gunpowder also here and there, which will go on exploding for centuries. I am putting more than needed. I never take any chances. Almost each sentence is going to create trouble for anybody who wants to organize a religion around me".

    ReplyDelete

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles