Thursday, April 17, 2014

Working with Detachment towards worldly ties or spiritual ties

Working with Detachment towards worldly ties or spiritual ties
Swami Kriyananda narrates from Yogananda's life.

The Master summoned Clifford Frederick, a disciple at Mount Washington, to his desert retreat, Clifford came, but was privately worried about the duties he was neglecting by his absence.

The Master said to him, "I know you are worried, but this, now, is your responsibility.  I go by the orders of the "Supreme Boss" up there.  It is to Him you are answerable.  Don't bother with anything else.  Be free, inside.

"If God told me at this very moment , "Come home", I would gladly drop everything - organisations, buildings, work, books, people - everything, to do His will.  This world is His business.  He is the Doer, not you or I."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles