Monday, June 24, 2013

The Power of Guru works, If a Disciple gives himself earnestly.

~~SWAMI PRANABANANDA~~
Exalted Disciple of Lahiri Mahasaya

Lahiri Mahasaya was the greatest yogi I ever knew. He was Divinity Itself in the form of flesh."

If a disciple, I reflected, could materialize an extra fleshly form at will, what miracles indeed could be barred to his master?

"I WILL TELL YOU HOW PRICELESS IS A GURU'S HELP. I used to meditate with another disciple for eight hours every night. We had to work at the railroad office during the day. Finding difficulty in carrying on my clerical duties, I desired to devote my whole time to God. For eight years I persevered, meditating half the night. I had wonderful results; tremendous spiritual perceptions illumined my mind. But a little veil always remained between me and the Infinite. Even with super-human earnestness, I found the final irrevocable union to be denied me. One evening I paid a visit to Lahiri Mahasaya and pleaded for his divine intercession. My importunities continued during the entire night.

"'ANGELIC GURU, MY SPIRITUAL ANGUISH IS SUCH THAT I CAN NO LONGER BEAR MY LIFE WITHOUT MEETING THE GREAT BELOVED FACE TO FACE!'

"'What can I do? You must meditate more profoundly.'

"'I am appealing to Thee, O God my Master! I see Thee materialized before me in a physical body; bless me that I may perceive Thee in Thine infinite form!'

"Lahiri Mahasaya extended his hand in a benign gesture. 'You may go now and meditate. I HAVE INTERCEDED FOR YOU WITH BRAHMA.'

"Immeasurably uplifted, I returned to my home. In meditation that night, the burning Goal of my life was achieved. Now I ceaselessly enjoy the spiritual pension. Never from that day has the Blissful Creator remained hidden from my eyes behind any screen of delusion."

Chapter 3, “The Saint With Two Bodies”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles