Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wipe that tear from my eye. I have to pretend to be enlightened, and enlightened people are not supposed to cry. " - Osho.

" I am Again an Unenlightened Man " ~ O S H O : -

" India is the land of the seers, but that is the past not the present. That is no longer in existence. This is the height of the Upanishads, the Vedas, the mystics. The astrologers now say that before the Festival of Lights in 1984, I will be the top Godman in India and the world. They say I will be the Godman -not just THE Godman but the top Godman. But I am just a simple man, not a Godman at all... and I am not a savior. I am again an unenlightened man. How can I save anybody? And they think I will save India! How can I save India? I don’t have a Noah’s Ark....

I am the watcher. I am continuously watching, just watching and doing nothing, not even the grass growing. Do not try to cheat me. I am such a cheat myself, you cannot cheat me. As far as the inner world is concerned you cannot cheat at all.

This is so beautiful, utterly beautiful... only a woman can dare into such beauty. Beauty is so much more than mere truth. Everyone is afraid of danger. There is no need to be afraid. In danger there is no thought, only thoughtlessness. Many times I have moved into danger. I love danger. Thousands of times I have been in real danger.

Once I was traveling in Rajasthan. I was in a first class compartment. In the middle of the night a man attacked me with a dagger as I was sleeping. I opened my eyes and looked at the man. He looked into my eyes, my childlike eyes. You can understand the whole story if you just look into my eyes. He looked into my eyes, saw the child, and stopped. He dropped the idea.

I said to him, "What is the matter? Why are you not doing your thing? I am doing my thing so you can do yours. I dare you!”

He said, "You are the only man ever to dare me. Excuse me, I cannot stab you. I want to be your disciple.” He is now one of my sannyasins.


There may be some devils among my sannyasins. One can never know. Perhaps my being at these great heights may be infectious. My wings are there, you can ride on them. I am not a democrat, I am a dictator; that is why so many Germans come to me. In fact they come because they cannot find anybody in Germany. That’s why they come to me. I am a dictator with a difference, a dictator with the heart of democracy.

I am grateful. Every master has been grateful to his disciples, because they are more cunning. Lao Tzu was grateful to Chuang Tzu because Chuang Tzu was more cunning. I am not saying he was not very beautiful... but more cunning than Lao Tzu. Buddha was grateful to Mahakashyap because Mahakashyap was more cunning. And that has always been the story, and will be the story always. Prove to be my real disciples so I too can say "Thank you.” Yes, thank you, thank you. God is content.

The world has to see the ordinary, the small things, in order to see the extraordinary. That’s why I say I am not enlightened. Enlightenment and non-enlightenment are two aspects of the whole. But the whole is known only by the one who can say, "I am no more enlightened.” For example, there is only one man outside this Noah’s Ark, J. Krishnamurti, but he is too much enlightened. He too must become unenlightened, then only will he be whole. That is why to see the eyes of a master is to see the eyes of ignorance. It is difficult to open the eyes, that is why I am in the body. Commitments have to be fulfilled.

Wipe that tear from my eye. I have to pretend to be enlightened, and enlightened people are not supposed to cry. "

~ O S H O , Notes of a Madman, CHAPTER #1 - SESSION #1
1984 in Lao Tzu Grove, RAJNEESHPURAM, OREGON, USA ♥...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles