Friday, November 7, 2014

`If I am warm with God's love, how can I feel the cold?'

I have seen in humble little huts and caves in India men with no food, nothing at all; nor are they beggars. They are richer than the world's millionaire's. Because they are the friends of all, people love them, and love to feed them. In bitingly cold weather, I saw one saint in the Himalayas who had nothing on. `Won't you catch cold?' I said. Sweetly he answered: `If I am warm with God's love, how can I feel the cold?' Saints like him are greater than any crowned king. If without food, without any visible means of security, such men can be like kings, peaceful and without worry, why can't you?

Paramahansa Yogananda, The Divine Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles